Day 1: Nairobi to Masai Mara
Depart from Nairobi and drive down the escarpment via the floor of the scenic Great Rift Valley with a brief stopover at the viewpoint to enjoy the scenery .Arrive at Masai Mara Game Reserve in time for lunch and a short rest. Later in the afternoon we will leave our accommodation for game drive in the Masai Mara game reserve, one of East Africa’s top safari destinations. Return to you accommodation at 6.30 pm for dinner and overnight.
Maasai Mara National Reserve stretches 1,510 sq km (580 sq miles) and raises 1,500-2,170 meters above sea level. The terrain of the reserve is primarily grassland and Riverine forest with clumps of the distinctive acacia trees. It’s about 270 km from the capital city Nairobi and takes about 5-6 hours by road or 40-45 minutes by flight.
The Maasai Mara Ecosystem holds one of the highest lion densities in world and this is where over Two Million Wildebeest, Zebra and Thompsons Gazelle migrate annually. Its hosts over 95 species of mammals and 570 recorded species of birds. This is considered the 7th wonder of the new world.
Day 2: Masai Mara Game Reserve
After breakfast leave for a full day game drive with picnic. This day is spent game viewing in Kenya’s finest wildlife park, the Masai Mara National Reserve. Our morning and afternoon game drives take us in search of Africa’s Big Five and the plethora of other wildlife inhabiting this vast Kenyan game reserve. Early morning Masai Mara hot air balloon safari can be arranged at extra cost. Return in the evening for Dinner and overnight at the Camp/ Lodge.
Day 3: Masai Mara to Nairobi – Kenya
After breakfast drive back to Nairobi where you will arrive in the afternoon.
Price Includes and Excludes
Included in the Safari Cost
- Round trip transport from your safari starting point (Nairobi or Mombasa)
- Accommodations and meals as per itinerary
- All applicable Game Park entrance fees
- Professional experienced driver guide
- Bottled water during Safari Game drives
Excluded in the Safari Cost
- Personal expenses such traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, laundry, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including luxury champagne, luxury spirits, beer,
- Wines during meals or meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Gratuity for Porterage / waiters at hotels, camps and airports
- International Airfare