Day 1: Mombasa - Tsavo East - Tsavo West
Depart early in the morning to discover the rich ecosystem of the great Tsavo Park. Tsavo has beautiful Volcanic features in the West – Ngulia Hills, Chaimu lava flows. Chaimu Volcanic lava – Mzima Springs as the rising source of Tsavo River that form a tributary of the Galana/Sabaki river that empties its waters in the Indian Ocean.
Enter the Tsavo East through Buchuma gate. Explore the park in your safari van – through Aruba dam, where there is a congregation of wild animals. Lunch at Voi Wildlife Lodge, Voi Safari Lodge, or Ashnil Aruba Lodge. After lunch you will proceed to Tsavo West through the Manyani gate. Arrive at Tsavo West Rhino Sanctuary for the evening game viewing to boosts your opportunity of seeing the big five. Dinner and overnight at the Ngulia Lodge.
Ngulia Lodge provides an opportunity for its guests to watch game at its two major water holes. Meat hanged out on a baited tree in a floodlit area of the lodge provides a nice view of the frequent visit of the leopards.
Day 2: Tsavo West - Mombasa
After breakfast, check out with your bags as you will not return to the lodge, proceed to Mzima springs via Chaimu volcanic hills. At Mzima springs, there is a guided trail by game rangers to the river banks where you can see animals that come to quench their thirst, crocodiles, hippos and a tunnel house on the river will animate your tour of the west.
Return to Mombasa with a stopover for lunch at any of the highway restaurants.
Price Includes and Excludes
Included in the Safari Cost
- Round trip transport from your safari starting point (Nairobi or Mombasa)
- Accommodations and meals as per itinerary
- All applicable Game Park entrance fees
- Professional experienced driver guide
- Bottled water during Safari Game drives
Excluded in the Safari Cost
- Personal expenses such traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, laundry, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including luxury champagne, luxury spirits, beer,
- Wines during meals or meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Gratuity for Porterage / waiters at hotels, camps and airports
- International Airfare